Best 5 Audio Converter for PC/Mac 2020
Need to convert your audio file into a specific audio format because of compatible issues with your audio player device? In this case, the best and only solution is to convert your audio file to another format. Here is a list of the best 5 Audio Converters for you. They are all well-reviewed and tested, with features and pros & cons for each program.
1. Stellar Converter for Audio Video
Stellar Converter for Audio Video converts videos and audio files to various popular formats, having different codecs, frame rates, resolution & bitrates. It supports 50+ file formats such as MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG, AAC, and MP4. Using this software, you can:
(1) Change bit rate, codec, and channel of the output audio file.
(2) Convert audio and video in batch.
(3) Convert video files to audio formats, such as MP4 to MP3, MPG to MP3, FLV to MP3, etc.
(4) Add or replace audio track in videos.
(5) Add and edit the metadata information such as year, singer/artist, genre, title, and copyrights, etc.
(6) Edit, trim, crop, and merge video files.
Audio Formats Supported: MP3, M4A, AAC, WMA, WAV, AC3, ACC, AIFF, MP2, M4B, MKA, M4R, APE, OGM, FLAC, OGG and AU.
Price: $24.99 (free version allows to convert and save initial 1/3 length of the audio/video file.)
# Extensive format support.
# Supports batch conversion.
# Extracts audio from video.
# Available for Windows and Mac.
# Free version saves an audio file only partially.
# No DVD/CD burning options.
2. Aissesoft Video Converter Ultimate
Aissesoft Video Converter Ultimate is an all-in-one solution to convert, edit and compress audio in 1,000 formats, including MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MP3, FLAC, WMA, etc, loved by over 10 million customers the world over. If you have tons of audios to convert, don’t sweat it. It supports batch conversion, which lets you convert multiple files simultaneously with one click. Besides its enormous conversion function, this tool is very easy to use with an intuitive interface. The most powerful thing about this tool is its video editing function. Using this tool, you can:
(1) Convert video/audio/DVD to 1000+ formats.
(2) Convert in batch.
(3) Add filters & basic effects to video, such as Whirpool, Hong Kong movie, orange dots, purple, plain, coordinates, warm, Stars, modern, gray, pixelate and Sketch filters.
(4) Adjust basic effects like Contrast, Saturation, Brightness, and Hue.
(5) Add external subtitles to your movie.
(6) Adding a single audio track or multi-audio tracks.
(7) Add a 3D effect to your video.
Audio Formats Supported: MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, OGG, AU, M4A, M4B, M4R, DTS, AMR, MP2.
Price: $49.99 (free version allows to convert 5 minutes for each file.)
# User-friendly and beautiful UI.
# Batch conversion.
# Supports about 1,000 formats.
# Edit metadata easily.
# Free version doesn’t convert the complete file.
3. Xilisoft Audio Converter
Xilisoft Audio Converter is an all-in-one audio converter and extractor, allowing you to both convert between different format audio files and extract audio from video files to different formats. It supports many videos, high-definition (HD) video, and audio file types including AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AVCHD, MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, among many others. This tool lets you:
(1) Convert files in batches at a high speed.
(2) Convert audio segments and split files.
(3) Extract audio from video.
(4) Convert audio files to exact size.
(5) Customize your output by adjusting a range of basic and advanced parameters.
(6) Edit ID3 info, add and adjust audio effects.
(7) Play different format files.
Audio Formats Supported: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, CDA, OGG, FLAC, APE, CUE, M4A, RA, RAM, AC3, MP2, AIFF, AU, MPA, SUN AU. (Extract audio from different format video files including HD videos, video formats supported include AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AVCHD, etc.)
Price: $29.95. (The trial version converts 2 minutes of each file.)
# Convert popular audio formats.
# Fully customize output audio according to your needs.
# Extract audio from video.
# For Windows only. Mac is not available.
# Free version converts audio files only in 2 minutes.
4. Switch Audio Converter
Switch Audio Converter is available for Windows, Mac and Android Operating Systems. Among several options for audio file conversion, Switch is considered one of the most stable, easy-to-use, and comprehensive multi-format audio file converters. One unique feature that you won’t find in many audio converter software is the Audio stream wizard. Switch enables you to stream and record music from the internet, breaks the process into 3 steps and walks you through the steps. This tool allows you to:
(1) Convert between over 40 audio file formats.
(2) Extract audio from DVDs and video files (e.g., AVI, MOV, MPEG)
(3) Access online database to add song information.
(4) Batch convert many audio files at once.
(5) Automatically normalize audio while converting.
(6) Use as a command-line plugin for automation with software to convert or compress audio files.
Audio Formats Supported: WAV, MP3, WMA, M4A, OGG, AVI, from MID, FLAC, MOV, AMR, AAC, AU, AIF, RAW, DVF, VOX, CDA, GSM, DSS, WMV, OPUS, and many more audio formats.
Price: $16.97 for Home Version; $19.99 for Commercial Version.
# Support all popular audio formats.
# Records audio from streaming services.
# Support batch conversion.
# Automatically normalize audio.
# Available for Windows, Mac & Android.
# Outdated interface, not easy to navigate.
# Limited file support with the free version.
5. Freemake Audio Converter
Freemake Audio Converter is an easy-to-use free audio converter program and runs smoothly without any sign of unwanted additional features. It allows you to:
(1) Convert 50+ audio formats.
(2) Extract Audio from the video (MP4, AVI, FLV, MKV, DVD, WMV, HD, H.264, MOV, TS, WebM, Xvid, etc.)
(3) Upload music to iTunes & cloud storage.
(4) Change bitrate, channels, the sample rate of the output audio.
(5) Perform batch conversion.
# Wide input audio file format support.
# Easy to use with an intuitive interface.
# Support batch conversion.
# Can edit bitrate, channels, and sample rate.
# Limited to 7 output audio file format.
# Not available for Mac. Only for Windows.